Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Princess Doodle is one week!

Whew, how life has changed in one week. Let's start with the hospital stay.............I had the best nurses and doctors ever, which made my life a lot easier. Bless them for that...............some funny things that happened- my water broke about 1:30 am and I thought it had already drained all out, boy was I surprised when the sweet man came to give my my epidural and I sat up on the bed and can you say, "Clean up, aisle 4". Ummm, well, my bed was completely covered and it started flowing over the bed onto the floor. Now I am not talking about drip drip, I am talking about someone opened up the flood gates..............I couldn't stop laughing. It was seriously 4 feet out on the floor. I told them we need a mop (or a drain for that matter) and some "Caution, wet floor" signs. Oh, then there was the lactation people who couldn't have been any nicer.................everyone all up on my stuff, all I could do was make jokes about it! I should write a book about my experience! Truly everyone and everything went great. The worst part was no food or drink for 48 hours! Hello! I am not exactly slim, I needed some food. My first meal was a turkey sandwich and it was the best thing I have ever eaten!
We got to go home on Friday. On Saturday we took Reese to La Madeline for lunch. She was very good. Sunday she went shopping at Target and Sprouts and slept the whole time.
Good thing she is a great baby, I don't like staying cooped up in the house.
Reese is such a sweetie.
She left her first "present" in the bathtub yesterday while Mimi was bathing her, and then left "present" #2 in the towel when Mimi was drying her off! I was sad to miss that funny event, I was in the shower............better luck next time!
Today was the first time she either wasn't in the hospital or at the doctor. Her jaundice is better. She had her poor heel poked too many times. The last blood draw on Sunday took 15 minutes of squeezing her poor heel! OUCH! It was hard to watch, but thankfully all is well.
Tyler is so cute with her....................he is such a natural.....................I think it is from all the baby shows I have made him watch. I didn't think I could love him more, but seeing him with our baby girl makes me love him more than I thought possible. Reese is so lucky to have such an amazing dad.
Well that is all from now......................until next time!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Yeah Momma Whoppa! I am so proud for both of you! What great parents this girl has!!! She is definitely blessed to enter into such a loving family! Hope the rest of the week goes great! Love you!

Amy Morgan Sturdivant said...

Hey guys,
I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the address was to get to this site. Luckily I was introduced to Facebook and saw the address on Cheri's from your sister. These pictures are adorable. What fun! I really mean it, I can come and vacuum or whatever. Please let me know how I can be of help to you both. You have done so much for me. Have a great day.

Love,
Amy